1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1/4 soy sauce
1 1/2 tbsp chopped ginger
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp sweet chili sauce
2/3 cup hot water
1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
salt and pepper
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cubed
3 green onions chopped
2 carrots julienned
1 cup frozen peas
8 oz soba or buckwheat noodle
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
peanuts, lime wedges and hot sauce for garnish
1. Cook the soba noodle according to package directions. Set aside.
2. To make the peanut sauce combine the peanut butter, soy sauce, ginger, rice vinegar, sesame oil, honey, sweet chili sauce, garlic and 2/3 a cup hot water and mix till smooth. Set aside.
3. Heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil and saute cubed chicken until seared on all sides, 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add green onions, carrots and peas and cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Pour the peanut sauce over the chicken and vegetables. Lower the heat to medium and let simmer til chicken is cooked and sauce has thickened.
6. Rinse noodle with hot water until they no longer stick together
7. Remove sauce from heat, stir in cilantro and pour mixture over noodles, tossing well.
8. Garnish with peanuts, a squeeze of lime juice and a dollop of hot sauce.