The Perfect savoury muffin to compliment a spicy chilli like Maryann’s Chicken Chilli . It’s really hard to stop at just eating one of these muffins!!!!! Also a unique combination of sweet, crunchy and spicy all in one bite.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp chilli powder
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp salt
1 cup of sour cream
2 large eggs
4 tbsp unsalted butter melted and cooled slightly
1 cup frozen corn, thawed
3 scallions, sliced thin
1/2 red pepper seeded and chopped fine
1 cup crumbled goat cheese at room temperature
1 jalapeno chilli, seeded and minced
1/4 cup minced red onion
1. Pre heat oven to 425 degrees
2. Grease and Flour 12 cup muffin tin (highly recommend purchasing a silpat muffin mat (non-stick mat’s that do away with greasing and flouring I use this for all cookies)
3. Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, chilli powder, cayenne, and salt in large bowl.
4. In another bowl whisk sour cream, eggs, and cooled butter until smooth
5. Stir sour cream mixture into flour mixture until combined – then fold in corn, scallions and peppers.
6. For the filling combine cheese, jalapeno and onions in a bowl, then spoon half of muffin batter into tin, place dollop of cheese mixture in center of batter, and top with remaining batter.
7. Bake until toothpick inserted into centre comes out clean: 17-20 minutes. Cool in tray for 5 minutes then transfer to cooking rack.