Serves 4: Contributed by Grace Parisi
3 tbsp fresh lime juice
2 tbsp yellow miso
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp finely grated ginger
1 large garlic clove, minced
1 1/2 tsp light brown sugar
3 green onion, cut into 1 1/2 inch lengths
1 pound of large shrimp, shelled, deviened, tails on
1/2 cup mayo
1 tbsp sambal oelek
bamboo skewers for grilling
1. Soak bamboo skewers for 30 minutes, and pre heat BBQ or grill.
2. In a bowl, whisk 2 tbsp of lime juice with miso, oil, ginger, garlic, and brown sugar. Add the shrimp and toss to coat (no more than 15 minutes in advance).
3. Thread the shrimp and green onions on skewers and grill on medium high heat, turning once, until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
4. In a small bowl, whisk the mayo, sambal oelek and the remaining 1 tbsp lime juice
5. Serve shrimp with sambal mayo.