Serves 6: Adapted from Silver Palate
3 cups sour cream
1 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
3 tbsp tomato paste
3 tbsp Worcestershire
2 tsp sweet paprika
3/4 a tsp salt
freshly ground pepper
1 tbsp consomme (If available use demiglace)
1 pound white mushrooms, sliced
8 tbsp of butter
1 large onion, chopped
3 pounds of beef tip, cut into thin slices
1 package egg noodles
fresh dill for garnish
1. Combine sour cream, Dijon, tomato paste, Worcestershire, paprika, S + P and consomme and simmer slowly for 20 minutes. Let stand covered.
2. Trim stems off mushrooms, wipe clean with damp paper towel and slice thin.
3. Melt 3 tbsp butter in a medium skillet and saute mushrooms until tender, transfer to a bowl.
4. Heat 2 tbsp butter in skillet and saute onions until lightly brown and transfer to bowl with mushrooms.
5. Heat remaining butter in a skillet and saute beef over high heat until browned.
6. Set sauce over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Add mushrooms and onions. simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Add beef and juices and simmer till meat is heated through (about 2 minutes).
7. Serve with buttered egg noodles and garnish with chopped dill.