7 tbsp unsalted butter, divided plus more for dish
salt to taste
2 1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
2 cups shredded chicken (I use rotisserie chicken)
2 gloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, diced
1 cup Frank’s Hot Sauce
2 tbsp flour
1 tsp dried mustard powder (I always use a bit more)
1 1/2 cups half and half
1 1/4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup jalapeno havarti, shredded
1/3 cup sour cream
2/3 cup panko bread crumbs
3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter a large casserole dish.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, season with salt and add the pasta and cook to al dente. Drain and set aside
- Meanwhile, melt 3 tbsp of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft then stir in chicken and garlic and cook 2 more minutes. Add 1/3 a cup of hot sauce. Mix into chicken and set aside.
- Melt 2 tbsp of butter in a skillet over medium heat and whisk in flour and mustard powder until smooth. Whisk in half and half and add remaining 2/3 a cup of hot sauce and stir until thick. Whisk in cheeses until melted and smooth then whisk in sour cream until combined.
- Spread half of the macaroni in the bottom of the casserole dish then top with buffalo chicken mixture, remaining macaroni, and pour cheese sauce evenly on top.
- Melt remaining 2 tbsp of butter and stir in the panko and blue cheese and sprinkle over top of macaroni.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until bubbly. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Yummy! Can you please make this for us? You are such an amazing CHEF! Xoxo