Adapted from Bun in My Oven Blog
2x 14 oz cans corn niblets
1x 14 oz can creamed corn
1 package of bacon
1 cup of onions, diced small
3 medium potatoes, chopped into bite sized chunks (I used Idaho)
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
3 cups whole milk
2 cups chicken stock
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried mustard
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1x 4 oz can chopped green chilis
2 cups roasted chicken, shredded (Rotisserie)
salt and pepper
Handful of grated sharp cheddar, bacon bits, and cilantro for garnish
- In a large stockpot fry the bacon pieces till crisp. Remove from the pan leaving about 2 tbsp of drippings and set aside.
- Sautee onions until soft then add potatoes and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Sprinkle in flour and cook, stirring constantly for about 1 minute. Pour in the milk, chicken stock, spices and stir well. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 12-15 minutes, until, potatoes are tender.
- Add corn, chicken, and green chilis. Cook over low heat until heated through.
- Garnish with bacon, cheddar and cilantro.