picture and recipe adapted from Running to the kitchen.
3 Tbsp. of olive oil.
1 sweet onion, chopped.
3 gloves garlic, minced.
1 large Jalapeno,seeds removed and minced.
1 1/2 lb. ground Turkey thigh or breast.
1 tsp. coriander.
2 tsp. cumin.
2 tsp. chili powder.
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes.
salt and pepper.
1 14 oz. can of fire roasted diced tomatoes.
3-4 cups of chicken broth depending if want this more like chili or like soup.
1 14oz. can of cannelli beans, drained and rinsed.
1 80z.container of spicy hummus (roasted red pepper works as well just colors chili a bit more).
1 generous cup of grated old cheddar cheese.
1/4 cup of whipping cream.
1/2 cup chopped green onions.
1/2 cup chopped cilantro.
- Heat olive oil in a large dutch oven and saute the onions, garlic, jalapeno until softened.
- Add the ground turkey , breaking up and cooking until no longer pink.
- Sprinkle in spices and salt and pepper , and stir to combine and cook for another minute.
- Add the diced tomatoes and broth to the pot,stir, and let simmer over medium heat for about 20 minutes.
- Add the beans, hummus and cheese and stir until incorporated and cheese has melted.
- Stir in the whipping cream, green onions, and cilantro, giving a few more stirs.
- Serve sprinkled with extra cilanto and onions.
Got something to say? Go for it!